Springtime in Chaffee County Colorado is a time to literally have it all. With snow still in the Western Sawatch Mountains, participate in winter activities like skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling while basking in the warming spring sun. Eastern Chaffee County offers drier, more sun-drenched terrain, making activities like mountain biking, hiking and off-roading a springtime breeze.
And let’s not forget the Arkansas River flowing directly through Chaffee County and its mountain towns of Buena Vista and Salida Colorado. In the spring, the Arkansas River water levels start to increase with winter snowmelt coming off the higher elevations, providing excellent whitewater rafting and kayaking opportunities.
To top it off, Chaffee County embraces spring by opening up outdoor dining at local breweries, distilleries and restaurants. What better way to embrace the Colorado spring than with a locally sourced meal and beverage shared with friends in the Heart of Colorado.
Chaffee County Spring Events:
- Whitewater Music Series feat. The Congress – Eddyline Restaurant & Brewery – March 28, 2015 (www.eddylinerestaurant.com )
- Kayaks on Snow – Monarch Mountain – April 11, 2015 (www.skimonarch.com)
- Whitewater Music Series feat. WhiteWater Ramble – Eddyline Restaurant & Brewery – April 11, 2015(www.eddylinerestaurant.com )
- Monarch Mountain Closing Day Tailgate – Monarch Mountain – April 12, 2015 (www.skimonarch.com)
- Pole, Pedal, Paddle Competition – April 19, 2015 – (www.3psalida.com )
- Whitewater Music Series feat. Leadville Cherokee – Eddyline Restaurant & Brewery – May 2, 2015 (www.eddylinerestaurant.com )
- PaddleFest – Buena Vista River Park – May 22-25, 2015 (www.ckspaddlefest.com )